Educators Cooking Course
Educating the Educators
Educating the Educators
Scoffed Cooking School and Gowrie SA were proud to launch an ‘Educators Cooking Course’ in 2020, just before COVID-19 made its presence known. The course had to be postponed and we are now re-launching the course in 2021.
The course has been designed to provide you with knowledge and skills so you can run your own cooking classes efficiently, cost effectively and without stress.
The dates for 2021 are still be be set – the calendar will appear on the website within the week.
We will start off with the Foundation Module, don’t worry if you miss it – it is repeated throughout the year.
There are 8 modules in total, (2 modules per Term) with each module featuring two recipes and a technical component.
The first two recipes in the Foundation Module are very simple so don’t feel daunted if you haven’t dealt with food before.
As you grow in confidence the recipes will become more challenging but under the expert guidance and tutelage of Chef Jenette Goh you will handle them with ease.
Each module lasts approximately 3 hours (the Foundation Module is 4 hours) and we’ve scheduled these modules to fit in with your ‘down time’ from OSHC, between 10:00am – 2.00pm.
The recipes are sourced from around the world and each Term we feature recipes from a different country (one sweet, one savoury) so you’ll not only teach your children how to cook different recipes from scratch, you’ll teach them cultural diversity as well.
This Educators Cooking Course is packed with information. After completing each module you will walk away with:
- A recipe leaflet that instructs you on the equipment and ingredients needed and teaches you the methods required to make each dish
- A running sheet that will help you run to time
- Quantities Tables to help you order food/ingredients from suppliers
- Nutritional Tables to help you the meet the National Quality Standards;
- And you’ll receive ‘Fun Facts’ sheets that relate to each recipe.
- When you book the entire set of Modules you’ll also receive a 48 page handbook which is your ‘Go To’ reference on how to run a cooking class. This handbook features information from Gowrie SA relating to learning outcomes and is a great reference for adhering to the NQS guidelines.
- You’ll also be taught strategies on how to cater for children with allergies or religious eating preferences
If you’d like more details about a class click on the Name of the class.