Scoffed’s BBQ school teaches everything and everyone from basic cooks to specialists, encouraging you to try new foods and different techniques that will improve even the most experienced BBQer!
Our program lasts 3 weeks starting with teaching you how to prepare your ingredients and your BBQ for the best results, finishing with specialist techniques in smoking.
Over the 3 classes you will learn which are the best cuts of meat for grilling v smoking, when to use dry v wet rubs or marinades and how to plate up your BBQ restaurant style!
Using Weber BBQs (cos we think they’re the best) you will cook in groups of up to 4 around your own BBQ. We will have both coals and gas, so you can learn on either.
The prep will be done in the Scoffed kitchen and then you’ll head outside to our new BBQ area where we will give you a safety briefing (we don’t want any singed eyebrows or more importantly burnt steaks!) before teaching you how to cook everything perfectly. When it’s all ready you’ll sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labour with your newly found friends.
Class 1: Set for success
- What cuts of meat are best for different types of cooking
- How to prepare your meat perfectly to ensure the best BBQ result
- Rubs and marinades – dry v wet and how to avoid that gooey mess on the grill plate!
- Indirect v direct cooking
Class 2: Fuel the Fire
- Cooking with different types of fuel e.g. coals (red gum, eucalyptus, coconut) and whole wood: Red gum, cedar planks
- How to deal with all the variables in time, distance and temperature
- When to use a wet cooker/add moisture to the dry heat/smoke
Class 3: Schmokin’
- The principals of smoking and what to look out for.
- Different woods and what they’re good to use with
- Fish versus meats
- Quick and easy smoking v long and slow
Each class includes all your equipment, ingredients, aprons and of course a beer or glass of wine with your food.
Class lasts around 3 – 4 hours
Suitable for age 18+